You are here:
For Scientific Researchers
Research at NIAMS
Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP)
NIAMS on Twitter
National Multicultural Outreach Initiative
NIH Loan Repayment Programs
NIAMS: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Home Page
Our Research Focus
Studies Seeking Patients
- NIAMS Coalition
- Kids Pages
- Multimedia Pages
- Multicultural Information
- NIH and NASA
- Summer Student Program
NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases ~ National Resource Center
April is National Minority Health Month
Your heritage can increase your risk for certain health conditions like lupus or osteoporosis, but taking steps to improve your health can help you manage your disease. Learn more today.
Mitochondria Found to Play Instrumental Role in NET Formation and Autoimmune Disease
Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) are released in response to invading pathogens, but the traps have also been associated with autoimmune diseases such as lupus.
Department Releases National Pain Strategy
The Department of Health and Human Services has released a National Pain Strategy, outlining the federal government’s first coordinated plan for reducing the burden of chronic pain that affects millions of Americans.
Dog with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Escapes the Disease, Spurring Interest in Potential New Treatment Approach
A golden retriever carrying the gene mutation for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) unexpectedly remained healthy for life.
NIH Announces Publication of Action Plan for Lupus Research
This report was a collaborative effort, led by NIAMS on behalf of the NIH. It represents a synthesis of internal and external input on promising future research directions to improve the lives of people with lupus.
News and Events
- NIAMS Update — April 21, 2016
- Special Announcement — April 21, 2016, Guest Director's Letter: At NIH, Minority Health Is Everyone’s Concern, Every Day
- Study Suggests Most Women With Mild to Moderate Lupus Can Expect to Have Healthy Pregnancies
- Two Drugs That Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis and Blood Cancers Shown to Promote Hair Growth
- NIAMS Launches Flickr Image Gallery
- Honoring Health: Resources for American Indians and Alaska Natives: Strength of Mind: Caring for Your Mental Health
- NIAMS Update — March 24, 2016
Alopecia Areata, Fast Facts
Time: 09:02 | Size: 8.5 MB