You are here:
Did you know?
- In exchange for a two or three-year (for Intramural General Research) commitment to your research career, NIH will repay up to $35,000 per year of your qualified educational debt. See NIH Loan Repayment Programs
- NIAMS Faculty List
- Training Opportunities
- Career Development and Outreach Branch
- Core Facilities
- Clinical Protocols
- IRP News and Events
- Office of the Scientific Director
- Office of the Clinical Director
Research in NIAMS Labs
Updated April 23, 2014
Welcome to NIAMS Labs from Dr. John O'Shea, NIAMS Scientific Director
As you will see, our program comprises scientists, physicians, nurses, trainees and administrators who work together to solve basic scientific problems and devise new treatments for arthritis, musculoskeletal and skin diseases.
Dr. O'Shea Receives the Ross Prize in Molecular Medicine
John J. O'Shea, M.D., NIAMS scientific director, has been named the 2014 recipient of the Ross Prize in Molecular Medicine, conferred by the Feinstein Instituteís peer-reviewed, open-access journal Molecular Medicine.
Kaplanís Lab Shows that Activation of Endothelial MMP-2 by MMP-9 Contributes to Endothelial Damage in SLE
This activation of MMP-2, when occurring within neutrophil extracellular traps, may perpetuate a vicious cycle leading to endothelial dysfunction.
The American Association for Clinical Investigation (ASCI) has Selected Dr. Raphaela Goldbach-Mansky as a New Member
The ASCI is an honor society of physician-scientists who translate their research findings to clinical science and are in the upper ranks of academic medicine. Congratulations to Dr. Goldbach-Mansky.
Rivera Lab Uncovers How Do Mast Cells Respond Differently to Strong vs. Weak Stimulus
The study, published in Science shows how the high-affinity IgE receptor deciphers high- from low-affinity stimulation to modulate mast cellsí effector responses.
NIAMS Faculty List
Clinical and Translational Research
- NIAMS Clinical Trials and Natural History Studies at the NIH Campus
- NIAMS Sponsored Clinical Trials
- For all clinical trials click here
- Dr. O'Shea to receive the Ross Prize in Molecular Medicine More..
- Kaplan Named Chief of New NIAMS Intramural Branch More...
- James Katz Named Director of the NIAMS Rheumatology Fellowship and Training Branch More...
- The 2014 NIAMS IRP Scientific Retreat will take place on May 29-30, more details to follow..