You are here:
Did you know?
- In exchange for a two or three-year (for Intramural General Research) commitment to your research career, NIH will repay up to $35,000 per year of your qualified educational debt. See NIH Loan Repayment Programs
- NIAMS Faculty List
- Training Opportunities
- Career Development and Outreach Branch
- Core Facilities
- Clinical Protocols
- IRP News and Events
- Office of the Scientific Director
- Office of the Clinical Director
Research in NIAMS Labs
Updated July 10, 2014
Welcome to NIAMS Labs from Dr. John O'Shea, NIAMS Scientific Director
As you will see, our program comprises scientists, physicians, nurses, trainees and administrators who work together to solve basic scientific problems and devise new treatments for arthritis, musculoskeletal and skin diseases.
Three NIAMS Researchers Named "Most Influential"
Drs. John O’Shea, Yuka Kanno and Arian Laurence have been included by Thomson Reuters in The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds 2014 report, in immunology, joining the ranks of researchers who are "publishing work that their peers recognize as vital to the advancement of their science" and "on the cutting edge of their fields."
The Kaplan Lab Shows an Additional Proatherogenic Mechanism in SLE
This work identifies neutrophils as important inducers of lipoprotein oxidation, suggesting an additional mechanism for premature vascular disease in autoimmune disorders.
Dr. O'Shea Receives the Drake Medal
Dr. O'Shea, NIAMS scientific director, has been awarded the 2014 Drake Medal from the University of Cincinnati for outstanding and unique contributions to medical education, scholarship and research.
Dr. Ombrello Shows that Seven Amino Acids in MHC Class I are Associated with Risk to Behcet's Disease
Together with NHGRI researchers, Dr. Ombrello identified Bechet's disease-specific residues in HLAB51 that are implicated in antigen binding and in regulation of cell-mediated cytotoxicity.
NIAMS Faculty List
Clinical and Translational Research
- NIAMS Clinical Trials and Natural History Studies at the NIH Campus
- NIAMS Sponsored Clinical Trials
- For all clinical trials click here
- Dr. O'Shea receives the 2014 Drake Medal from the University of Cincinnati.
- The 2014 NIAMS IRP Scientific Retreat will take place on May 29-30, Click here for details
- Dr. O'Shea to receive the Ross Prize in Molecular Medicine More..
- Kaplan Named Chief of New NIAMS Intramural Branch More...