You are here:
Other Fact Sheets
Healthy Skin Matters
Healthy Skin Matters Quiz Answers
- True. The skin is the largest organ of the human body. It keeps out infections, regulates your body temperature, and protects all your inner organs.
- False. Skin makes vitamin D when the sun shines on it.
- True. Bandages keep out dirt and germs and help the skin to heal. Don’t forget to wash the injury with soap and warm water before putting the bandage on.
- False. Insect bites can get infected, and bites from certain ticks can carry germs that will make you sick.
- True. Vitiligo causes the skin to lose pigment, the substance that gives skin its color.
- True. A severe case of acne can make you feel really bad about your appearance, and it may leave scars that will last for years. See your doctor if your acne really bothers you.
- False. Hot water can dry out your skin or even cause serious burns. Use water that is comfortably warm to wash your hands or to shower or bathe.
- True. Getting too much sun, even if you tan easily, can make your skin look old years too soon and can increase your risk of skin cancer later in life. Use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or 45 on your skin if you will be out in the sun.
- False. Physical activity is good for the skin too! It increases the flow of blood to the surface of your skin and brings oxygen and nutrients to your whole body. Sweating helps to flush out impurities from your skin.
- B, bacteria that live on the skin.